Tuesday 28 June 2011

Review Archive #1

Here are a few wines that I reviewed in March and am sharing with you now. I've tried to increase the description in the reviews since I started in February. As I post them, you will notice that some are more detailed than others.


March 2011 - Tasted the following at a restaurant: Forrest Sauvignon Blanc. Unfortunately this New Zealand wine is not available at the LCBO. I would give this wine a 90.

Tasted March 2011: Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 $10.95 (JC87). Nice wine after getting some air into it. A structure to it with a smooth finish. Had it with roast pork and vegetables. I'm looking forward to trying some more pricy Cab Sauv's by Beringer in the future.

Tasted Samples Mar 2011: Baron Herzog Cabernet Sauvignon (JC85) and Baron Herzog Chardonnay (JC85). Nothing special about these wines. They weren’t bad but may not be worth the $15-17 price. They were a little too sweet. Not a typical Cab Sauv.

No comments:

Post a Comment