Saturday 27 August 2011

Two Niagara Wines

Tasted August 2011: Coyote’s Run Cab Merlot 2008 $16.95 – I had this wine tonight at my parent’s house. There were notes of oak and black cherry. It was a pleasant wine, but I didn’t fall in love with it. JC85

Tasted August 2011: Straight Up White 2010 $12.95 – This wine originally caught my attention at the Summerhill LCBO due to its label. There is a bunch of writing on the bottle basically saying how it’s not trying to be something fancy or confusing, but essentially something “straight up” that can be drunk whenever you feel like drinking white wine. I bought it a short while later and hope to try the Straight Up Red in the not too distant future. This is a new release and I still don’t think it has been distributed to that many locations yet. I enjoyed this wine. It tasted fresh and didn’t have any distinguishing odours or tastes that my novice palate could detect. It doesn’t say what grapes are in it. It’s not too sweet and goes down nicely. JC88


No comments:

Post a Comment