Sunday 11 September 2011

An Ontario Baco Noir and a Merlot

Pelee Island Baco Noir 2010 $10.95. I saw some positive reviews of this wine and decided to give it a try. I was intrigued because I had never had wine made from the baco noir grape before. This is a dark coloured full body wine. I suggest decanting for 30-60 minutes before serving. I had this wine with steak, which it went well with. Notes of blackcurrant. JC86

Konzelmann Merlot 2009 $11.95 – This was the red wine offered at the wedding I was at yesterday. It’s from the Niagara region from a winery I had not heard of before even though it has been around since 1984. Usually at weddings you see wines from Italy because these tend to be around $7/bottle. This was a nice change. I enjoyed this wine, it was easy drinking. JC87

No comments:

Post a Comment