Saturday 4 February 2012

Bolla Valpolicella

Bolla Valpolicella 2010. This wine is not available at the LCBO. I had a nice dinner at a restaurant and this bottle cost $34. Not a premium-priced wine by any stretch if it was available at a store, but like many Italian wines, the value is good. The wine has spicy and light fruit notes on the nose, with a gentle spice finish. I enjoyed this wine, it was fairly light-bodied with a slight sweetness to it, which went well with the ribs I had for dinner. JC87

When at a restaurant, I tend to order bottles that aren’t available at the LCBO. One reason is that I often know how much I can buy them for at the store and therefore how ridiculously large the mark-up of the restaurant is. Another reason is I like variety. If it’s something I can get from the LCBO, then why not pay a lot less and get from there to try. I like restaurants that have some lesser-known, but still good quality wines on their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment