Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year! Cheers to 2012!

Happy New Year to everyone! I have three more wines below that I tasted in 2011, but didn't get a chance to post until today. By my count, that brings the total number of wines reviewed in 2011 to 98. I plan on surpassing that in 2012 since this year I will have a full year to review.

I had two samples at the LCBO, from the New Zealand winery, the Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2011 $17.95 and the Oyster Bay Chardonnay 2010 $16.95. I`ve enjoyed the sauvignon blanc at work functions in the past. It had pleasant floral notes and is a clean crisp wine. I tried the chardonnay for the first time and was hit by a sickeningly sweet scent and taste. Unlike the pleasant sweetness of nice ports and ice wines, this had a sweetness that I imagined would give me a headache after one glass.
Sauvignon Blanc: JC87; Chardonnay: JC75

Jean Bousquet Malbec 2010. I had this wine at a restaurant (the Keg) and it is not offered at the LCBO. I hadn’t had a malbec for a while, so I thought I’d go for it with my steak dinner. It was nice, with floral and earthy scents. The wine had a hint of oak and enjoyable fruit flavour. JC88

No comments:

Post a Comment