Thursday 8 March 2012

Kittling Ridge Kingsgate Port

There are a few different Canadian ports offered at the LCBO. They are all under $10. My friend gave me one for my birthday. I wasn’t expecting anything much, but after tasting the Kittling Ridge Kingsgate Port $9.95, I realized that a bargain Canadian port is not bad. The smell was quite nice: sweetness with a mix of fruit, and similar to other ports I’ve had. The downside was the taste. There was not a lot of fruit flavour and a more pronounced alcohol taste than of the more expensive Portugal ports I’ve previously had. JC86

1 comment:

  1. I guess one shouldn't expect miracles. I think I paid $7.95 on special for mine. It is pretty awful compared to my usual Taylor Fladgate, or even the Offley. I don't know how else to describe it, but there's a very strong presence of "cheap liquor" aroma, almost like mouthwash.

    I can't sip it on its own, but mixed in with carbonated juice it's actually quite alright. A decent drink spiker :)

    ReplyDelete