Saturday 7 April 2012

Hawkeye Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon


Hawkeye Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon 2005. This was a wine that I received as a gift in December 2010 and had been aging gracefully in my wine fridge since then. It is a big bold California Cab, made by large winemaker Kendall-Jackson. It’s not actually sold at the LCBO, but it retails for about $45 in the U.S. The weather is getting nicer, so I decided to pair this wine up with a steak off the bbq, baked potato and asparagus. I let the wine decant for an hour beforehand. It poured a very dark red, almost black. There was subtle oak and black cherry on the nose. The taste was a nice juicy full-bodied wine with a lot of fruit on the pallet and a smooth finish. In my mind it tasted how a nice Cali Cab should taste. JC90

No comments:

Post a Comment