Sunday 24 July 2011

Review Archive #4

 
Tasted April 2011: Tarlant Rose 2001 ~$70. I was given this bottle as a gift just before Christmas, and decided to save it until buying our first home. The LCBO sells the 1999 version for $71.95, however does not carry this version. They may taste similar, but I’m not in the financial position to buy a bottle just to find out. This is the best tasting Champagne (or sparkling wine) I’ve ever had. Fruity undertones of peach. JC95

Tasted June 2011: Trapiche Malbec 2010 $9.00. I had this wine with pasta and stuffed chicken, then later on by itself. It’s not a bad wine, however it comes out strong. Given the powerful flavours, I recommend having it accompany a hearty meat dish. I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much sipping it by itself. JC 84

Tasted June 2011: Mitolo Jester Shiraz 2009 $21.95. The 2008 received 89 from Wine Align. I had a glass of this at a company function before switching over to beer for the remainder of the event. I am generally not a fan of Shiraz but based on the price of the bottle and the WA rating, I decided to give it a try. It was probably the best tasting Shiraz I’ve had, however I was still not a big fan. It starts out nice, but has a spicy finish which did not go over well. JC 84

No comments:

Post a Comment