Sunday 21 August 2011

3 Wines on the Weekend

Over the weekend I was in Ottawa visiting family. I was able to taste a few new wines that my relatives had purchased.

Equifera Pinot Noir $14.95 – I’m not too familiar with Pinot’s, it seems like people either love them or can’t stand them. I tend to be in the latter category. It tasted a little better after the first few sips, but still not a nice full-bodied red wine that I tend to enjoy. Hints of red cherry and plum. JC84

Whitecliff Sauvignon Blanc $14.95 – This New Zealand wine had a black pepper scent and finish to it. It was a nice smooth sipping wine that wasn’t too sweet. It had a nice long crisp finish. JC87

Henry of Pelham Cab Merlot $14.95 – This wine had a strong oaky taste to it. I had it with chicken and then cookies for desert. I think it would have been better with red meat. JC85

No comments:

Post a Comment